At Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton we continue to hone in on our specific definition and framework. The personalized learning team has been working diligently to finalize our mission, key terms, and frequently asked questions. Our hope is that these items will help strengthen everyone's understanding of what we are trying to accomplish here at Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton.
We have been able to identify and eradicate misunderstandings regarding personalized learning in an effort to provide clarity. Clearly identifying what personalized learning is not has assisted in the development of understanding:
What personalized learning is not:
- Learners always working in isolation.
- Learners choosing whatever they "feel like" learning.
- A lack of teacher guidance, instruction, or control.
- Chromebooks completely replacing instruction.
- Different curriculum for every learner.
- A single structure, such as self-paced or flipped classroom.
- More work for learners and teachers.
To see key terms, frequently asked questions, and other important data regarding JWP's personalized learning work, please use the following link: https://goo.gl/uWkmQi