Friday, September 4, 2020

Welcome Back!

What a wonderful week it has been! Educators choose this wonderful profession to have a positive and lasting impact on student learning and development. We value the opportunity to interact with students and so appreciate the opportunity to welcome many of them back to school in person. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to provide a safe return to school!

 

This week has been a blur with a flurry of activities while balancing the three learning models. Our staff has an unswerving commitment to providing a high-quality learning experience for all learners. They will seek to make continuous improvements throughout the year and appreciate, more than you can imagine, your grace and understanding. 

 

Welcoming students back is always a wonderful experience. This year’s welcome back was like no other. My favorite story is of a young learner at Prairie Woods. When this learner approached me I greeted him with a “Good Morning” as I asked him to wait at the crosswalk while the buses passed. The learner then asked me, “Is morning recess over already?” I replied, “It is not, are you excited to get over there?” The learner replied, “Yes, I haven’t my friend in a really long time.” That was an emotional experience, one I’ll never forget. I think that sums up the importance of school and social experience.

 

We’ll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment